Christmas at Wildcraft bakery
Christmas is nearly here and the Wildcraft Bakery Team has been busily baking and inventing yummy treats so you can have your best Gluten Free Christmas yet! From Stollen, show stopper cakes and Panettone, to Lebkuchen, bread and mince pies, we’ve got you covered! And to make preordering your Christmas products easier than ever before, Sam has made an awesome form that you can download here. All you need to do is fill it in and email it back to us and our bakery elves will do the rest for you!
We also thought we’d make your dinner that little bit easier for you by sharing one of our family favourites…vegan stuffing! Every year, Sam’s in-laws come to stay around Christmas and she’s developed the most lovely (and best of all…simple!) recipe for a stuffing that every one can enjoy. All you need is some of our vegan crostini which are just as scrumptious whizzed into crumbs and used to make stuffing as they are topped with cheese/smoked salmon/tapenade/marinated tomatoes for a great party nibble. Those of you who came along to our Christmas taster evening loved our tomato topping so we’ll be sharing that recipe soon too! So whatever your Christmas meal plans are…have a wonderful time from our family to yours.
Lots of festive hugs,
Shallot, sage and hazelnut stuffing
350g shallots, peeled and thinly sliced.
50g dairy free margarine or olive oil
1tbsp golden caster sugar
Finely grated zest and juice 1 orange
3 heaped tbsp chopped fresh sage
85g toasted hazelnuts
140g Wildcraft Crostini
- Blitz the crostini in a food processor until crumbs
- Fry shallots gently in marg or oil until soft and golden, then add sugar and orange juice. Simmer until the liquid has virtually evaporated leaving a jammy mass of shallots. Add the crostini crumbs and stir in well, adding a splash of water if necessary to make a sticky mixture.
- Put the sage in a small bowl and pour over boiling water. Leave for 1 minute and drain in a sieve and squeeze dry before adding to the pan (this helps bring out the flavour).
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts and add to the pan with the orange zest and lots of seasoning.
- Squeeze into balls with your hands or place in a shallow oiled dish and bake at 200oC for 20-30 minutes until golden and crispy.